Friday, November 19, 2010

What are you doing this season to help others?


Times are hard. I know. Many of us here (speaking for me of course) really are stretching things to make ends meet.

I have lived on the streets. It is not fun. Honestly, it's hell. Not knowing where your next meal is coming from. Not knowing if someone will kill you in your sleep or steal stuff from you.

My mother and I were homeless at Christmastime when I was 9, 10, and 11.

I learned something.

I learned how much people LOVE you during this time of the year. They GIVE and give and give!

As an artist who wants to start a 501c3 but has had a hard year, I have nothing--but my craft.

And a new skill: jewelry making.

So I am doing something with it. While I am, I also seek to inspire YOU, my fellow artists. Do something--even if it's small it's still something--this Christmas for the homeless shelters in your area. It can be one.

I am making pendants for the Atlanta Day Shelter. I've been there, been served, gotten food, clothing, showered and done my laundry there before.

Now it's my turn to help out.

So will you join me?

Let me know what you do. I want to blog it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment