Thursday, November 25, 2010

How I'm spending my Thanksgiving Day

I want to wish all of you, my readers and friends, a happy Thanksgiving from my mother and I to you and your family!

I'm spending the day with my mother who is in the hospital. She's slept off and on most of the day. I brought the computer for her to play on while I designed some jewelry.

I cooked mac n cheese, a turkey/dressing combo, and some gravy a
nd brought it over. The hospital staff were kind to keep it in their fridge and heat it up for us...wow can I cook!!! Mom actually ate until she got full before her throat started hurting. She has Thrush--which is a funky fungus like Athlete's foot of the throat and has to use Magic Mouthwash with Lydocain to numb her throat so she can eat.

While Mom played and slept, I designed a few pieces and listed them on Etsy. 40% of all sales will be split between Art4TheHomeless and The Homeless Project.


Funky Peridot and Shell Earrings




Ruby in Zoisite pendant wrapped in copper


Colorful Dreams Gemstone earrings from the top: Onyx, Carnelian, Amazonite, Rose Quartz, Citrine, and Carved Cinnabar


Double Terminated Crystal Quartz wrapped in Copper Earrings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful designs! Hope your mom gets out of the hospital soon.

LadieJaye and Elegance Boutique said...

Thank you Lizbeth!!!! You and me both on that one

Post a Comment